Friday, April 17, 2015

Pesto Potato Soup

Potato soup has always been my favorite!  I usually make it chunky, but this was a good pureed version, with the texture of the croutons added.







































Making the croutons...




























I read an interesting tutorial on cleaning leeks.  I've only used them once before this and I must have eaten all that sand in between layers... ew!

Look Rachael!  I'm using your chicken broth to make your potato soup!




























Difficulty: easy
Will I make it again? yes


Creamy Potato Soup

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons EVOO
  • 1 large leek,white and light-green parts chopped
  • 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
  • 4 cups low-sodiium chicken broth
  • 2 cups whole milk

Directions

  1. In a large pot, heat EVOO over medium-high. Add leek and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 6 minutes. Add potatoes, broth and milk. Bring to a boil, then simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. In a blender, working in batches, puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or use as a base for the variations.

PESTO POTATO
  • Tear three 1-inch- thick slices crusty whole-wheat bread into bite-size pieces. Toss with 2 tbsp. EVOO and 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley or basil. Heat a large skillet over medium and add bread mixture. Cook, turning occasionally, until croutons are crisp and golden, about 4 minutes. Top soup with 2 tsp. store-bought pesto and croutons.


From EveryDay with Rachael Ray magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment