I don't really order magazine subscriptions because my husband and I are minimalists, so we try to only own reading material in electronic form. Having said that my exception has been a subscription to the Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine. We'd been living back home for about a year, not thrilled about it, and impatient for the next move. I had an ad for super cheap magazine subscriptions, and what can I say, food has always been my escape when I'm stressed. Not eating it... Making it!
(Remind me to tell you about the time I made 10 pies in 2 weeks.)
Anyway, I'd lived out of the country for 5 years, had never seen a Rachael Ray show, but a friend said I'd probably be happiest with her magazine over the other food mags.
Now 2 years later, my subscription is ending, and I realize I've never made a single recipe out of all the magazines! I look at every recipe and think, "Mmm, yes, I will make you someday."
So it's time, and here's the schedj! 1 night a week we make pizza. 2 nights a week we make dinner salad. That leaves 4 nights. Being a little family of 2, I always make enough of one meal to eat 2 nights. That's 2 new dinners a week, and I'm throwing in 2 more recipes a week, such as desserts, drinks, sandwiches, etc.
I tend to shy away from unfamiliar ingredients, so this is a gentle push into new delicious territory. It's hard to find some of the rarer ingredients locally out here in the boondocks, so I'll have to maximize my trips to the city to buy ahead the difficult things.
I'm so excited right now! And hungry...
No comments:
Post a Comment